Cam Jansen (Adventure Series #1)
What You Need to Know:|
• This series offers a nice introduction to the mystery/detective type of book.
• The scene with the robbers may scare some children as she hides in close range of the bad guys.
• It provides a good example of problem solving by the main characters.
• Although limited character development, it is a good example of boy/girl friendship.
• Cam’s confidence will help readers feel their own sense of empowerment.
• The story line is simple and easy to follow.
Sweet Series Background:|
Cam Jansen is the fifth grade queen of crime solving. She says “click” and remembers everything she sees. She is fearless and confident as she approaches the little mysteries that she encounters on a daily basis. She uses her incredible memory to evaluate every situation and analyzes the facts in order to draw a conclusion that generally helps someone in need.
In the first book in this series, Cam Jansen solves her first crime when she is at the mall with her best friend, Eric. They are watching his baby brother when they witness a jewelry store being robbed. Cam uses her special technique to remember things, saying “click” to make a picture of the moment in her mind, and then track down the robbers. She encounters some serious trouble with the bad guys along the way, coming face to face with them in their hide out. She uses her quick thinking, though to get out of a bad situation and her first mystery is solved.
2004, 58 pages
Detective Stories, Friendship, Adventure
If You Liked This Book, Try: |
Nate the Great, Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
Olivia Sharp, Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
This recommendation was written by: