Ivy & Bean Break the Fossil Record (series #3)
What You Need to Know:|
• Here is a great example of how friends can help each other out in a tough situation.
• Ivy and Bean are very different, but they have found a common ground upon which to build a strong friendship.
• The girls serve as good reminders that you don’t need to be just like your friends in order to have a strong
• Ivy and Bean use their individual strengths to find adventure and problem solve.
• There is a subtle lesson on the harm that comes from bragging and seeking fame.
Sweet Series Background:|
Ivy & Bean is the story of two very different friends who also happen to be very imaginative, quirky and entertaining characters. Whether in their neighborhood or at school, they find adventure and fun together, although they sometimes “forget” to listen or follow the rules and end up trying to find their way out of a mess. It is a great selection for those who have recently become comfortable reading on their own. The characters are funny, the storyline is easy to follow and the focus is on events and actions more than thoughts and feelings.
Ivy and Bean are back in book three of this entertaining series about two unlikely best friends with something to prove. In book two it was a ghost in the bathroom and this time it is dinosaur bones in the backyard. In both situations, the girls work together to find an imaginative solution to their problems.
As usual, Bean is bored during reading time and Ivy is engrossed in a book. With the help of their teacher and some good books, Bean becomes interested in breaking world records while Ivy is focused on discovering dinosaur fossils. While not quite as funny as the previous books, Break the Fossil Record is an enjoyable story and readers who liked the first two will be happy to spend more time with Ivy and Bean.
2007, 124 pages
Books & Reading, Family Life, Friendship, Imagination, Individuality, School