How the U.S. Government Works
What You Need to Know:|
• This book offers clear explanations of all things government related.
• The language is simple and the information is well organized and easy to follow.
• There is a recap at the end to pull all the concepts together.
• The glossary and index in the back make it simple to look up specific topics.
• Keep in mind that there is no current data as the book was published in 1999.
When your kids ask questions about the government, elections and how it all works, this book is a great reference. It begins by relating our government to a school, bringing the concepts closer to home for young readers. The basics of the U.S. government are then covered, including, why our government was formed, what the constitution is and what the three branches of the government do and how they work together.
1999, 48 pages
Government, Non-Fiction, Reference