What You Need to Know:|
• All the World is one of those brilliant picture books that helps us and our young readers understand the world.
• This beautiful book teaches us we have more in common that unites us, rather than divides us.
• It would make a wonderful read-aloud for a classroom community and a family to read together.
• The illustrations are integral and add to the peaceful and soothing nature of this story.
• The language is in rhyme, and is beautiful and lyrical.
I love picture books that teach us universal truths and I especially love picture books that can do that for children as well as adults. All the World is one of those books. It cozily wraps you up in it's story about this beautiful world of ours and how we are much more alike than different. The story follows a day in the life of what looks to be a few families, and how their daily existences are not so different from each other's. At the end of the day, whether we are at the beach, in the garden, hiking or at the park, we all appreciate, need and want "Hope and peace and love and trust." The plot in this story is not what is important, it is the feeling of warmth and love this book evokes through its language and illustrations. A real winner.
Liz Garton Scanlon
Feelings, Rhyming, Excellent Read-Aloud, Exquisite Illustrations
This recommendation was written by: