|The Amazing Trail of Seymour Snail
|What You Need to Know:
• This is a sweet, sweet book that your young reader will love.
• The story is simple, with an easy to follow plot for young readers ready to transition out of the more simple learn to
• The story is quite funny, filled with many bug-filled puns that will also have young children laughing.
• The story has a wonderful message about following your dreams and remaining true to yourself. If it seems at all
forced or "message-y" to you, remember, children need clear and simple messages. And this missive on
self-confidence does that perfectly.
• This book has been nomintated for a 2009 Cybil Award. Please click the Cybils link on the left side of the page to
learn more about the Children's and Young Adult Bloggers Literary Awards (Cybils).
|Sweet Book Summary:
Seymour Snail is a closet artist who loves to create, but has no confidence the rest of the world will enjoy his work as much as he does. Until one day, they wind blows all the covers of the artwork he was shyly hiding from his friends. Seymour's friends are so astounded by his talent, they tell him he must get a job in the arts. Seymour promptly finds a job at Speedy Arts Gallery managed by Mr. Stink Bug. Being Seymour is a snail, and is anything but speedy, the job does not last long. But he keeps this job long enough to be "discovered" by Speedy Arts Gallery owner - Coco La Roach - and the rest of the art world. It ends with Seymour being embraced for his talent as an artist. Cute story with a terrific self-esteem - follow your dreams - lesson. Loved it!
|Author: Lynn E. Hazen Illustrator: Doug Cushman Published: 2009, 64 pages
Themes: Animals, Humor, Excellent Read-Aloud, Exquisite Illustrations