|What You Need to Know:
• Bedtime for Mommy is a hilarious picture book for young readers, but older readers and adults will enjoy it
just as much.
• Bedtime for Mommy's plot revolves around the humorous role-revearsal that Rosenthal does so well in the "Little"
books, of which there are three: Little Pea, Little Hoot and Little Oink.
• This picture book would make a great read aloud for all ages.
• We are huge Amy Krouse Rosenthal fans. Krouse Rosenthal brings a very keen eye for observation and a wholly
original voice to whatever book she is writing, whether for adults or children.
• Adults reader shouldn't miss her very funny adult book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. You will be howling
with laughter, especially if you grew up in the 70s.
|Sweet Book Summary:
Mommy needs to go to bed. NOW. But first Mommy pleads for five more minutes, needs a drink of water, needs to be monitored while brushing her teeth and wants more than just one measly story! Sound familiar? Young children will so enjoy this story of a daughter having to put her Mommy to bed. And parents will enjoy showing their offspring just how hard it is to get them into bed! Rosenthal does it again, creating a laugh-out loud and appealing story really for all ages with her dry humor and unique way of looking at the world.
|Author: Amy Krause Rosenthal Illustrator: LeUyen Pham Published: 2010, 32 pages
Themes: Humor, Excellent Read-Aloud, Family-Life, Bedtime
|This recommendation was written by: Melissa Y.
|Support Independent Book Shops: Click Here to Buy this Book on IndieBound