Dinosaurs Love Underpants
What You Need to Know:|
• Another perfect book for the dinosaur lover in your life.
• The language is rhyming (and fun!).
• The illustrations are colorful and zany, to match this silly story.
• Great read-aloud. I do suggest a pre-read before reading to a large audience, those multi-syllabic dinosaur names
can trip you up and then you lose the rhyme and cadence.
• Again, probably too exciting a story for before bed!
Ever wonder what happened to the dinosaurs? I am sure if you have a dinosuar enthusiast in your house, you have bantered about a few ideas about the cause of their demise. Although - I am going to go out on a limb here - I am sure you never discussed the possibility of underwear being to blame. That's Freedman's argument, in this sure to entertain your little one story. She argues it was all the brief's fault. Caveman discovered underwear (that sentence and page alone will have your toddler and any sophmoric adults giggling:) and the dinosaurs were so envious of the underwear, they came to blows.
"Soon undies were flying everywhere.
All torn by tooth and claw.
The dinosaurs were fighting
In a great briefs tug-of-war."
"...The fighting got so crazy.
All the dinos were wiped out."
Enjoy this story with any toddler who will appreciate it for the simple, silly tale that it is. And the author names many different dinosaurs by name, sure to satisfy the most ardent paleontologist-in-training.
2009, 32 pages
Excellent Read-Aloud, Dinosaurs, Humor
This recommendation was written by: