|Other Goose: Re-Nurseried!! and Re-Rhymed!! Childrens Classics
|What You Need to Know:
• J. otto Seibold, of Olive the Other Reindeer fame, has take nursery rhymes to a whole new level!
• The nursery rhymes resemble the classics in name only. Seibold has modernized and humorized them.
• Children don't have to know the original nursery rhymes to enjoy this book, but if they are familiar with them they
will delight even more in these clever retellings.
• The illustrations are appealing, cheerful and cartoon-like. Children can spend hours looking at them.
• This would make a terrific holiday gift!
|Sweet Book Summary:
J. otto Seibold has revolutionized nursery rhymes. In this boisterous new collection, Seibold has taken the traditional nursery rhymes and turned them on their heads. Seibold's rhymes are written by "Other Goose". In her introduction, Other Goose explains that perhaps Mother Goose's "…rhymes have grown quite dusty over time." and that she is just the Goose to jazz them up. And boy does she!
The rhymes in this collection really have nothing to do with the originals, just in name only - sort of. Jack and Jill is now "Jack and Jill (and Bill)", and Bill is a pickle, by the way. Mary Had a Little Lamb is now "Mary Had a Little Band". Older children who know the original nursery rhymes will enjoy the sophisticated humor and modern take on the old rhymes. That piece of it will go right over the younger children's heads, but the little ones will simply enjoy the silly humor and fantastic illustrations.
|Author: J. otto Seibold Illustrator: J. otto Seibold Published: 2010, 80 pages
Themes: Humor, Extraordinary Illustrations, Poetry, Nursery Rhymes, Animals
|Sweet Discussion Questions:
• What is your favorite nursery rhyme in the book? Why?
• Can you create your own nursery rhyme?
• Can you listen to an original Mother Goose nursery rhyme and one the Other Goose has written and explain the
differences? Are there any similarities?
• Which rhyme do you like better, the original or the remastered one and why?
|If You Liked This Book, Try:
Olive, the Other Reindeer, Vivian Walsh
My Very First Mother Goose, Iona Opie
|This recommendation was written by: Melissa Y.
|Support Independent Book Shops: Click Here to Buy this Book on IndieBound