What You Need to Know:|
• This book is from the same author that did Life-Size Zoo.
• This is an original concept for a picture book. Pictures of real animals/fish to scale, how cool is that?
• Perfect for a very young child who loves wildlife, because they can enjoy and ogle the giant pictures and the
cartoon illustrations along side each giant picture.
• But also perfect for an older wildlife-lover, because they will be interested in the life-size pictures and there are lots
of facts built into the sidebars of the pictures.
Life-Size Aquarium and its companion volumes, LIfe-Size Zoo and More Life-Size Zoo are really cool books with a really cool concept. My animal-loving six year old received these books as gifts, and we have been enamored with them since. Twenty animals were photographed and put into this book in actual size! The larger animals are on special fold out pages, to accommodate their largeness. The photos are so close-up, there are things you see on each animal you would never be able to see at a aquarium (for better and for worse!), because you would never get so close. It would also make a lovely follow-up to a aquarium visit or just enjoyed any day. Also, the book is chock full of interesting facts about each animal alongside each picture. This is a really interesting and appealing way to do non-fiction for kids, young and not so young, as I am enjoying this book just as much as my 6 year old. This would make a terrific gift book with no gender limitations.
2010, 48 pages
Animals, Non-Fiction, Science
• Which is the most interesting animal in the book to you?
• Which animal fact surprised you the most?
• Which animals in the book have you seen in real life?
• Of the animals you have not seen, which would you most like to see?
This recommendation was written by: