What You Need to Know:|
• Kevin Henkes is an amazing artist and storyteller. This is his newest picture book for a very young audience.
• This would make a lovely gift for your child, grandchild, godchild, etc., on the occasion of their birth or any milestone
in the early years. Better yet, combine it with Henkes other gorgeous picture book, My Garden.
• This story is a lovely reflection on the security of home and family.
In Little White Rabbit's world, everything is new and anything is possible. Besides being a brilliant work of art, this book is a wonderful celebration of the imagination. The lovely message this book conveys is that the possibilities are limitless! After hopping through high grass, Little White Rabbit looks around and wonders what it would be like to be the color green. When he sees a pack of butterflies float by, he wonders what it would be like to fly through the air. Henke answers each of these speculations with a gorgeous two page spread of Rabbit doing each of these things. I promise that you won't get through the book without wanting to stop and stare at these amazing paintings. When Rabbit sees a cat, he decides he is done wondering about things and heads home where he doesn't have to puzzle over who loves him. What a cozy, delicious story to share with your little one.
2011, 32 pages
Excellent Read-Aloud, Extraordinary Language, Exquisite Illustrations, Imagination
• Do you dream about being something other than yourself, like Little White Rabbit does?
• What is it you dream of being?
• Where is your safe place when things get a little scary?
• Can you think of something else Little White Rabbit could be? Can you draw it?
This recommendation was written by: