Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
What You Need to Know:|
• If your little reader is mad for trucks, you must get this gem of a book!
• Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site is the perfect combination for little boys (or girls!) interested in trucks
and their parents who are interested in having them go to bed!
• The language is rhythmic and rhyming and the illustrations are tranquil and soothing - all perfect for that snuggly,
calm down period before bed.
• The construction vehicles are rendered in a very benevolent and playful way.
I wish this book had been published when my twelve year old son was little! He was bonkers for anything having to do with trucks and had a hard time settling down at bedtime. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site would have worked like a charm. Instead, we ad-libbed Byron Barton's terrific book Machines at Work to make it seem more peaceful, and we wore it out in the process!
Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site talks about all the major players on the job: crane, cement mixer, dump truck, bulldozer, and excavator. Author Rinker gives a little description of the job each machine has to do while simultaneously explaining how the work wears them out, making them rest. Illustrator Lichtenheld's slumberous illustrations are the perfect match to the prose.
The repetitive and rhyming language coupled with the sleepy artwork, will relax your little truck-lover right to sleep.
Sheri Duskey Rinker
2011, 32 pages
Excellent Read-Aloud, Exquisite Illustrations, Rhyming Language, Transportation, Bedtime, Books for Boys
• Which is your favorite truck?
• Do you have a bedtime routine? What is it?
• What do you do during the day that makes you tired?
• How is your bedroom different from where these machines sleep?
• Do you have a special thing you like to sleep and snuggle with? What is it?
This recommendation was written by: