What You Need to Know:|
• One Love is a charming story celebrating the power of community, family and friends.
• This picture book, written by Bob Marley's daughter, Cedella Marley, is based on his iconic song of the same name.
• One Love would make a wonderful starting point for a unit on classroom or family community.
Cedella Marley has taken her father's beautiful song and crafted a heartwarming story of togetherness. The song follows a joyful little girl who brings her community together to clean up a local park. Together, the lyrics and the illustrations send a beautiful and timely message of love and compassion. The book imparts a message that reminds the reader of the amazing things that can happen when people come together with one heart. This message will be well-received by young readers because of the appealing and colorful illustrations. This book would make for a particularly good read when promoting the idea of a classroom or home community.
One love, when your hand reaches out for me.
One heart, when we touch a new world we'll see.
One love, one heart, let's get together and feel all right.
2011, 32 pages
Excellent Read-Aloud, Exquisite Illustrations, Friendship, Community, Family
• Have you ever helped your community? How?
• Have you ever helped a neighbor out? How? How did it make you feel?
• Can you think of a project that would help your town or community? What is it?
• What can you do around your own home to make it a better place?
This recommendation was written by: