|What You Need to Know:
• Shampoodle is perfect for your young dog lover!
• It is an enjoyable addition to the Learn to Read JR category.
• The language is rhyming.
• The picture cues are very strong for your fledgling reader.
• The plot is an amusing romp, and the illustrations are very funny at times.
• This book has been nomintated for a 2009 Cybil Award. Please click the Cybils link on the left side of the page to
learn more about the Children's and Young Adult Bloggers Literary Awards (Cybils).
|Sweet Book Summary:
Today is picture day at the park. The children and their dogs all head over to Salon Shampoodle to get gussied up and look their best. However, the groomers get more than they bargained for with this group of canines. The dogs would rather have fun than sit still for a haircut. Your children will enjoy the very elementary plot, with the entertaining situations these mischevious dogs get themselves into and the amusing companion illustrations.
|Author: Joan Holub Illustrator: Tim Bowers Published: 2009, 32 pages
Themes: Animals, Rhyming Language, Humor
|This recommendation was written by: Melissa Y.
|Support Independent Book Shops: Click Here to Buy this Book on IndieBound