|What You Need to Know:
• This is a gorgeous book, just in time for Valentine's Day (perfect gift for the holiday!).
• The illustrations in colored ink and watercolor are exquisite and soft.
• This book is a gentle little meditation on friendship and love.
• Henry in Love will find a willing audience with the very young in both genders.
|Sweet Book Summary:
Henry thinks Chloe is the loveliest girl in the class. In the beginning of the story, Henry and Chloe interact in ways children are sure to relate to: they show off to each other, he with his front roll, her with her cartwheel. The rest is the universal activity of chasing, which clearly means they are sweet on each other. After lunch they get back to class, and the teacher decides to move their seats, and as luck would have it, Henry is seated right next to Chloe. When afternoon snack comes, Henry pulls out his much savored blueberry muffin that he saved from his lunch and promptly gives it to Chloe and takes her carrot. If that's not love...
|Author: Peter McCarty Illustrator: Peter McCarty Published: 2009, 48 pages
Themes: Animals, Friendship, Excellent Read-Aloud, Exquisite Illustrations, Feelings
|Sweet Discussion Questions:
• How could Henry have told Chloe he liked her?
• Have you ever liked a friend and not been able to express it?
• How do you think Chloe felt about Henry?
• Have you ever had a crush on anyone?
• Why did you like the person?
• How did you show the person you liked him/her?
• Does Henry remind you of any other characters from a book?
|This recommendation was written by: Melissa Y.
|Support Independent Book Shops: Click Here to Buy this Book on IndieBound