|What You Need to Know:
• Rescue Bunnies is a hilarious new adventure from the author of the Diary of a Worm and Duck for President, among
• This story would make a great read aloud.
• Newbie, the main character, is a terrific example of perseverance and determination.
|Sweet Book Summary:
Rescue Bunnies is a funny little story about a group of rescue bunnies that have a rookie in their midst. They call their rookie Newbie, and she is as sweet and guileless as they come. Newbie has one test left to pass before she becomes a bonafide member of the squad, the field test. When a distress call comes in from a giraffe, the chief decides this will be Newbie's final test.
Newbie ends up passing with flying colors, but not without some hilarious antics. The humor is dry and sophisticated, appealing to both the young reader and the adult reader. I especially like Cronin's use of funny and famous movie lines. "You had me at hello" and "You can't handle the truth" are personal favorites!
|Author: Doreen Cronin Illustrator: Scott Menchin Published: 2010, 32 pages
Themes: Animals, Humor, Compassion/Empathy, Determination
|Sweet Discussion Questions:
• Would you help someone who got hurt on the playground, even if you didn't know them?
• If someone told you to stop helping someone, but you knew they still needed your help, would you stop or continue
being of assistance?
• What kind of tests have you passed?
|This recommendation was written by: Melissa Y.
|Support Independent Book Shops: Click Here to Buy this Book on IndieBound