|What You Need to Know:
• The Shape of My Heart is a delightfully sunny and cheerful book about shapes and love.
• Young readers will be drawn in by the bright, friendly artwork.
• This story will appeal to beginning readers; the pictures and text will provide interest for even the youngest book
• Youngsters will also get a shape and color recognition lesson.
Sweet Book Summary:
I love The Shape of My Heart! It is such a bright, happy book. It is also deceptively simple, all the better to subtly teach your little one while they enjoy this entertaining book. The story takes us through a typical daily routine - from the sunrise until moon fall. Each two page spread is packed with lively artwork in bright colors and shapes. Young readers will have a ball identifying all the shapes and colors they find on each page.
While children are admiring the artwork, they will also recognize their own daily activities in the story; the familiarity will prove reassuring to young readers. The language, lyrical and rhyming as well. This would be a terrific shared reading and a wonderful book to have in the car on a long journey. It will surprise you to see that everytime you open this book you will find new things on each page.
Try this book at bedtime. The story winds down with a nod to bedtime and the shape of a heart. This will give you and your little one lots to snuggle about.
* Artwork copyright Alys Paterson
|Author: Mark Sperring Illustrator: Alys Paterson Published: 2012, 32 pages
Themes: Excellent Read-Aloud, Exquisite Illustrations, Family Life, Rhyming Language
|Sweet Discussion Questions:
• What is your favorite shape?
• What is your favorite color?
• Did you find activities in this book that you also do in your own home?
• Can you think of any activities the author could have added to his story? What are they?
|This recommendation was written by: Melissa Y.
|Support Independent Book Shops: Click Here to Buy this Book on IndieBound